February 10, 2007

The Joker known as the Sun

the sun is just blazing. as if it were spring-like outside instead of minus a billion with the wind chill. for the past 2 weeks i have tried to walk just over a mile to the nearest mall. Starbucks beckoned to me and the wind was at my back. i also hoped that i could make a dent in the 15 lbs i've packed on since the end of the summer by increasing my exercise level. no such luck. i also tried the 'idiot's diet handbook' but maybe i'm too smart because this also made no impact. perhaps i should somehow accept this new look?
it's just 5:00 pm and the sun is streaming into the apartment through my westward facing windows. the cats are sun bathing. i'm wrapped in woolen sweaters and sipping a coffee laced with Starbuck's hot chocolate. i think this has just ruined the taste of the coffee instead of giving me a mocha effect. did i say that i also can't cook...?

No comments: