January 26, 2008

Extraordinary & Exceptional Mixed-up Media Artists


Well last night was the first meeting of the year. There was much uproarious laughter, lots of ironic wit in the telling of personal goings-on since the last meeting. The "homework" was met with enthusiasm by some and downright hatred by others. But each work of art was so unique and exciting to see. Here. I'll post a picture of my entry.....



If you guessed Marie Antionette you're right. For the past 2 weeks the movie has been playing on the movie channel at least once a day. It's so inspiring to see the fabulous costuming. Unfortunately I can't sew ( but I can prick my fingers like nobody's business. So this is held together with some basic stitching and E6000 glue. The wig is cotton batting. Now the next challenge is a killer - a cheesy wallet from the dollar store. Very uninspiring.

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

You did GOOD!!! I was so disappointed that I couldn't make it last night. Wanted to see you, and wanted to learn about that felting stuff! xoxo

Susan Williamson said...

Marie is looking fabulous girlfriend. It's great to have you back to inspire us!