April 13, 2010

Coton de Tulears



Well, I've pretty much decided on a Coton. The name is French but the dog hails from Tulear, Madagascar and is considered a rare breed. I will have to come up with a French name for a boy and girl - no, not 2 dogs but it will depend on availability and, from what I can see in the streets, there are virtually no females in sight. I have the number of a breeder in Scarborough whom I must call today if possible. She's already had 2 litters so far this year so it may be unlikely that she'll breed again in 2010. And I'm looking towards the fall for adopting.This is all very exciting. I want to be invited out to meet a Coton in person.
I have one other breeder I'm hoping to hear from in Brampton and that exhausts all the local breeders. Why do breeders always live out of town...?

3 comments:

Carmi Cimicata said...

I will drive you when you need to go for the visit! Nancy said you will need a french name!

Irene said...

How are your cats going to feel about all this?

A bird in the hand said...

I want to repeat my offer to babysit....