February 16, 2009

Death of an Ipod

Yesterday morning I went to disconnect my Ipod from the charger. It was completely dead - no turning it on or off, no CPR. I thought they were indestructible. I started to panic since I've spent the last 2 and a half years hiding behind a personal space that only the Ipod could furnish. It provided a beat for walking, some mellow tunes while sipping a Starbucks, day dreamy imaginings that I am actually singing the songs. In other words, I had to get another one RIGHT AWAY! The Future Shop was having a great sale (at least $100 less than I paid for the first one). So, I bought one and once I got home I struggled for hours to get the music from my on line library into the Ipod to no avail and that includes following the 'Help' directions that didn't seem to apply to my device. Maybe it's too new. I was going to throw in the towel until I decided to drag the 'Music' into the image for the 'device' and, dammit, it worked. So now I can take my stroll while listening to tunes. Yay!

Also went to the orchid show at Edwards Gardens. Last year it was so bitter cold
(-30C)and my dad managed to lock the keys in the car. We took an extra effort to make sure that he had the keys on him. There were so many people milling about that it was difficult to photograph anything. It was the first time I really used my camera and I had to throw out most of the pics because the lighting was bad or the images out of focus. Let's see if I can find a good one.

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Great minds. Over the weekend, I too had to charge my iPod. I have purchased a lot of new things from iTunes and wanted to update the list. It's been such a long time, I forgot that you just have to check the boxes beside the song to get it to go in. While I was at it I charged the camera battery and my palm pilot. It should be a ritual like my bone-building pill! Every Sunday morning. Glad you have your tunes back. I heard about the flower show on my radio station. It was supposed to be fantastic...many, many varieties. Hope you all enjoyed, a wonderful way to spend a cold day, just like being on vacation.